Tuesday, April 17, 2012

where has the last week go?????

at least I managed to do some crafting yesterday!! This was the class on Crafters Anonymous last night - a cool gift card holder card that Kristine McNickle taught. I used Riding Hood Red as my base card and used the new edgelet die to create the scallop, it's more detailed than just a punch but hard to see in the photo. I used a cool technique called 'crayon resist' which uses a white crayon. You stamp your image on glossy paper, then colour some parts with the white crayon, I used it to give the petals a 'shine'. Then you sponge over the top. Where the crayon is the ink doesn't stick. I have made two more cards which uses this technique so I will show you tomorrow.
Isn't the inside of the card cool! It uses the Stampin' Up! envelope die. I am teaching this card tomorrow at my class cause I love the idea so much!! Thanks Kristine!!!

1 comment:

  1. you may want to check out my written tutorial along with video tutorial that I shared on SCS last year. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/pop-upgiftcardholder/

    ReplyDelete