Monday, June 21, 2010

CHEERS!!!!


isn't this cool - this is the card I gave my husband Craig for his birthday earlier this month. I made the lid using the awesome Circle Scissors Plus which Stampin' Up! has released. There is a neat trick to get the 'rim' on the it. But you will need to book a class to learn that one!

But I used the silver metallic card stock from the Stampin' Up! catalogue which comes in a pack with gold and bronze and are so useful for all sorts of projects. I used the bronze on a previous post with the mover and shaper Big Shot die. And my class project today is using the gold one and you can see a hint of it inside the can! The stamp 'Cheers to You' is from the set with the same name - it has 3 other stamps with glasses - beer, champers and martini. I used the small tag punch with a bit of linen string.

This idea for a can lid was from a presentation that Shannon West (from Stampin' Up! Home Office) at the convention last month in Sydney.
If you haven't already placed an order for the super cheap stamps sets on this week's specials email me TODAY. I need all the orders by 5pm New Zealand time tomorrow (Tuesday 22nd).
julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz

1 comment:

  1. Fun card, I am sure he loved it!! HUGE congrats on making demo of the year, that is a wonderful honor to earn! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete