Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stocking punch - running shoes!

this is the last of the series of cards using the stocking punch. I made some running shoes this time. The socks are the top end of the stocking and I've crimped it to give the look of socks. The white soles but using a bit from the bottom of the punch. You could add 'strips' or a 'swish' if you want to be more brand specific lol! I love this sentiment from Word Play stamp set - it just seemed perfect for this card. The gravel on the path is just the background stamp ' Wonderfully Worn' - and more crimping on the background 'grass'.
I hope you have enjoyed this series - I have barely touched the surface of what you can do with this punch - like I have seen a great pair of ice skates made with it. If you have made something with this punch leave a comment below - I would LOVE to see them!
I have some more creative 'off the page' projects to show you so be sure to come back and visit. :)

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to still have this punch. It has been retired in the US and won't be back :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant wait to get this punch and i too would be interested in what else this could be used for.....

    Linda Libeau

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved this series and hope that you show more.... One I did see is where the stocking was made into a cast and some toes were put at the bottom and some leg was above it. Such clever people out there. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful creativity

    ReplyDelete