Saturday, October 23, 2010

teen birthday card



My son had a birthday party to go to and asked me to make him a card - that is fine but I would of preferred not to be asked as I dropped him off to school the day of the party and when I was going out of town for most of the day!! Any I had a few minutes before my ride was collecting me so this is what I came up with.
I quickly brayered some Whisper White with just about every blue in the Stampin' Up! colour range, then stamped some of the stamps from the Extreme Elements stamp set with Whisper White craft ink. I stamped the Extreme Guitar (cause the party theme was 'ROCK STAR') stamp in Basic Black, tore the bottom of the card, stamped some stars from the Extreme Elements in Real Red on Real Red card, pierced a few holes in it. Then I got to use some of the new mini eyelets and used the cool Crop-o-dile to set them. I hand cut the bracket and tied some mini tags I made on with linen thread. The mini tag punch is cool to use, with the Tiny Tags and Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp sets.


Inside the card I made a small pocket for the gift card (which I had to get after I drop said teenage at school too!!) and stamped some more images from the Extreme Elements set.
I hope next time I have a bit more warning!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment