Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My first Just Add Ink entry for the year.


# 51 Just Add Monochrome!
I had to make a baby card for a friend who had a baby at the end of last year. We were away and I didn't have any access to my craft supplies so I bought her the cheapest tackiest yuckiest baby card and promised her that I when I got home I would send her a 'proper' card! lol
This is a momchromatic card - which means it's all the same colour (mostly! lol) I got the inspiration for it from the talented Kerry Bunting. She had done one with cream and white - so pretty.
Mine is Very Vanilla and Blushing Bride. The teddy and greeting is from the Baby Bundle stamp set. I used the Big Shot to emboss part of the card.
It's nice to be back crafting again! I even got some sewing done today (two dresses for ME!!) and I made a cute canvas for my teenage daughter - it's totally just stuff I had at home and not a lot of Stampin' Up! product on but I am really happy with it
.

7 comments:

  1. A very sweet card Julia. I just love Blushing bride - and that ribbon is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is delicious, Jules. Very beautiful. And I bet Kelly's thrilled with her canvas, you clever thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you JAI entry Julia. Nice to see a baby card too!!

    Your canvas is divine. I bet your Daughter loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!!! I love the little suits and the pink is great too!
    SMiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baby card is gorgeous Julia, love the repeated teddy - very effective.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete