Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mustache and Top Hats!




Today is my greater team training held once a month at my upline Jacque's house. I'm really annoyed I can't go as I have a bad chest cold and probably not nice to share with everyone else! But I did manage to get my swaps done which was a masculine theme. I know many people struggle with making cards for guys - me including - so I can't wait to see everyone samples! 
I decided to use a 'Christmas' stamp set (as you do in April! lol) as I got this set Styln' Snowfolk because of these stamps - esp. the mustache stamp. It did take a bit of Stampin'-Ma-Giging (it is a word - honest! lol) to get all six parts in the right place. The sentiment is from Happy Hour and I used the stripes Big Shot Embossing Folder. To make the stripes go down the card like that I had to emboss the Pacific Point twice, as the folder is designed to have the stripes go from the shortest end not the wide width like on this card. The stripes embossing folder is by far the easiest one to do this with. 
The colours are Basic Black, Whisper White AND Pacific Point - which is a colour I don't use often. You could make this in ANY colour and I did think about making different colours but with being sick all week I couldn't stretch my brain enough to do this hee hee.
 When I bagged up the swaps yesterday I noticed some of my layers in them were crooked, oh well that's what happens when your unwell! lol Have a great weekend :) 

Photobucket

3 comments: