Thursday, August 12, 2010

now for that boy turning 15!!


Are you like me a think cards for teenage boys are a mission????
In New Zealand you can apply for your learners licence and then start to learn to drive on the road. But you must display a "L" plate. SO a friend of mine has a son who turned 15 today so I made him this card. It is all made using punches except the triangle trees and the road!
I used Real Red, Basic Grey, Basic Black, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Glorious Green, Sahara Sand, More Mustard & Chocolate Chip. Punches used - wide oval, large oval, small oval, 1/2" circle, 3/4" circle, word window, slot. I sponged the edges of the road with Sahara Sand and used my favourite white gel pen for the road markings and the Black journalling pen for the "L" and the number plate.
If you would like to learn how easy punch art is contact me to organise a class or workshop.

7 comments:

  1. Huh Julia! You and I had the same idea! I just made one of these super VW's too. You will see mine in the next day or so on JAI! Aren't they just the cutest. LOVE your card - gonna CASE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card- love the bug car x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this. Great punch art work Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this car and love what you have done with it. great road and trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how delightful! awesome creating! love it!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia! Saw this adorable card on iStamp with Nancy Reilly and had to let you know I love it! My daughter turns 15 on Thursday, but luckily I have another year to prepare for the driving -- we have to wait for 16. Still, I love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete