Thursday, April 7, 2011

another cracked glass project



This is using the 'sense of time' stamp set and a non Stampin' Up! embossing folder. The Sentiment is from 'word play' and I stamped it then punched out the word 'remember' only as it had 'remember when' on the stamp but I didn't want the 'when' part. Then I restamped it again and cut out just the 'R' and mounted it on dimensionals to give it more texture. The base of the card is Soft Suede and the cream is actually Confetti Cream - it is a flecky card stock (made from recycled paper I think) and it's slightly thicker than Very Vanilla.
The eyelets are applied with the coolest toy in the Stampin' Up! catalogue. It's called a 'CROP-A-DILE' and it makes small and larger holes and and then you can set four different types of eyelets. These ones that I have used are Jumbo Antique Brass eyelets. They are available in Pewter as well. While this tool looks very impressive it is VERY easy to use. You don't need big strong hands to operate it, if I can use it then ANYONE can! It can put holes in just about everything, from card stock and paper to tin and canvas - yes I fixed our tent with it! hee hee
Contact me if you would like to know more about this cool as toy, whoops I mean tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment