This babies blanket I made last week using some scraps of polar fleece I found when going through all my material. I decided it needed to be used up cause you don't really make clothes these days out of polar fleece - well not for teenage kids! lol
I first cut the scraps into 6inch strips with a rotary wheel cutter and quilting ruler. You can of cause use scissors to make strips. Then I cut 4 layers at a time through the Stampin' Up! Big Shot with the scallop square die. It took like 10 minutes to cut the strips and 10 minutes to cut all 88 pieces I need for the cot blanket. It is THAT quick with the Big Shot!
Then I place all the pieces on the floor in the order that I wanted them, then stacked them in rows ensuring the top piece was the far left piece of each row - I had 11 rows with 8 pieces in each. It was then just a matter of sewing the pieces into strips, then the strips into the whole blanket. I finished the sewing with a line of sewing around the whole of the outside.
I then tied off all my knots (probably the longest part of the whole project!), and cut the scallops to within 1/8th inch of the sewing line. This helps give the scallops a more 'petal' type look.
Finally to make it more girlie I cut little flowers out of the remaining bits and hand stitched them randomly around the blanket.
Isn't it great that Stampin' Up! toys (whoops tools) can be so versatile!!
Thanks for visiting my blog on this sunny warm autumn day.