Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

one of my favourite days of the year - breakie in bed, out for lunch, nana nap in the avo while children wash car and prepare dinner, nibbling on chocolate while watching Time Team on TV - how wonderful it is! hehe Might not be to everyone's liking but to me it's as near a perfect day I could get!. Just add some crafting and I would be on cloud nine! Pity that I had a late night last night at the Kristine Fashion Show or I would be crafting - not recovering! hehe
Anyway here is the card I made for my mum to go with the bouquet of chocolates. This is another card stock rose but this is not watered. I love it in Rich Razzleberry! I have used a retired DSP for the background but all the rest is current. I even decorated the inside of the card - I always think having a nice inside makes the card super special and complete!!
To make the butterfly I used the Bigz butterfly Big Shot die and stamped it with the butterfly from the new Hope and Strength set. It doesn't fit very well so I used my stampin-ma-jig and some scrap paper and was able to position the wings so it stamp at an angle. Of cause I used shimmer paint on the butterfly and the rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment