Monday, May 16, 2011

how about a little black magic???




Black Magic is a cool technique that uses white craft ink, black card and colouring in pencils.
I love using Stampin' Up!s Watercolour pencils, the blend into each other so well.
You start by stamping a solid image with White Craft Ink onto the Basic Black card. When it's dry (you can use a heat tool to speed it up!) you can colour over the white. It probably would work with any dark card stock but with the bright colours against the black makes it all pop.
This set is Flight of the Butterfly stamp set which is so perfect for this technique.
I did try wetting the colour after it was on the butterfly but it seemed to dilute the colour. I also tried watercolour crayons (pastels) and re-inkers but none of them gave the brightness I wanted.
I am teaching this at my class at home this Wednesday, 18th May. There are still some spots available so email me for more information or book your spot. julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz
I have a few more examples of this technique to show so come back tomorrow!

1 comment: