Wednesday, March 14, 2012

All Blacks!!

isn't this a lovely card! I wish I had designed but that credit goes to Lisa Bullock who gave it to me at Stamp Camp. There is a story behind it - on the team forum there was a list of who was going to camp with numbers beside the names so we knew how many people were going. I noticed a blank space on number 43 and asked who was it for. Another member asked was it for a mystery guest and had hoped it was for Richie McCaw who is the Captain of the New Zealand world champion rugby team (the All Blacks). I said I would prefer Sonny Bill Williams who is a freakishly amazing player with lovely muscles adorning his godlike body! blahahahaha So Lisa thought she could make our wishes come true by giving us these cards. The inside of my card is below - isn't it funny!
The card itself is stunning! using a die for the white piece and some lovely fussy cutting on the red flowers. The fern is very special - it's from a retired set - as the Silver Fern is the New Zealand symbol.
I have linked to Wikipedia on the highlighed names to help my non New Zealand readers. Thanks Lisa for not only putting a smile on my face at camp but for producing such a stunning card!! xx

1 comment: