Wednesday, January 30, 2013

using the honeycomb embossing folder differently


I made this card the other day after a thought I had in the middle of the night (do you think of things like that in the middle of the night too? lol) of how I could create a different look with the new Honeycomb embossing folder. What I did is I embossed it TWICE. The second time I put it so they crossed over - the white picture below might help show it better. To get the 'block' look I just coloured the resulting diamonds with different colours. The white is our gel pen (love that pen!!) and the others I used Pool Party and Island Indigo. Of cause with the E=MC2 was cut with the Stampin' Up! Big Shot dies. The sentiment is from one of the new Sale-a-bration set Patterened  Occasion.


 Can you see how the hexagonals are crossed over? It's easy peasy to do!!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea. thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card - you are so clever! Thanks for sharing this I'll have to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh you funky monkey that is too cool. Keep looking at that folder and hmming about it. Your post might have pushed me over the edge

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great! Hadn't thought of it with this embossing folder. Running it through twice is really cool with the Stripes ef, too. Check this out: http://stampin-with-sue.blogspot.com/2012/01/fresh-vintage-and-framelits-card.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow Sue your card is great, I love that you've put it on the angle too! thanks for the link!

      Delete
  5. You are just the cleverest Julia! What a great idea!! The things you think about early in the morning. This cards looks great. Thanks for the tip.

    Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete