Friday, February 8, 2013

I've made a dress shop!


I had a BALL making these today! I started by cutting out the mannequin's out of balsa wood (3mm) using the All Dressed Up! Stampin' Up! Framelit die - you could just use the dress from the Pop n' Cuts Dress Form to cut it too. I cut an extra 'foot' of each one and made a slit in the top of the middle shaft on the and a slit in the bottom of the whole mannequin so they can slip into each other. Then I made the dress all from new products from the Seasonal Mini.
This first one is made with the fabric in the Amore More fabric which I cut with framelits. The skirt is an oval that I cut a center out and then using a needle and thread to gather the center. The top is of cause part of one of the All Dressed Up! framelits. The ribbon is from the FREE Sale-a-bration button and ribbon pack. The button is from the clear mini buttons with a bit of Pool Party behind it and a jewel popped on.
This one is of cause made from doilies. I used two doilies on the skirt and parts of another one for the bodice and a bit of taffeta ribbon.
This last one I made using the two tones ribbon and the bodice is the wide lace from the Embellishment pack which again I gattered. On the top I added some pearls for a bit of interest, and the straps are the narrow taffeta ribbon. Below is just another photo of them but I took it just as the last one was falling over! hehe I was impressed my camera did it without going blurry! blahahahhaha - thought it was worth a giggle!

Photobucket
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute!!! Way to think outside the box, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a beautiful job on the dresses !! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO cute - I want some:)

    ReplyDelete