Thursday, March 21, 2013
Poppies Standing Tall
I have been wanting to do more pop up cards using the new Stampin' Up! Pop-n-cuts die. I started by stamping on the acetate with white stazon and then coloured on the BACK of the acetate with white stazon ink coloured with normal reinker - I used Primrose Petals and Old Olive. Just used an empty embossing powder container to mix in. You don't need much! I did try and speed up the drying process by using the lower setting on the heat tool but it did still start to 'bend and bow' the acetate. It would take about 30 mins or so to dry and you have to be careful not to scratch it as it will scratch off the acetate. Below is the simple front of the card - it's important to balance the fancy inside with the front. This stamp is an a la carte stamp that you can layer it up and carry the texture from the stamp to the backing using the embossing folder.