Thursday, March 21, 2013

Poppies Standing Tall



I have been wanting to do more pop up cards using the new Stampin' Up! Pop-n-cuts die. I started by stamping on the acetate with white stazon and then coloured on the BACK of the acetate with white stazon ink coloured with normal reinker - I used Primrose Petals and Old Olive. Just used an empty embossing powder container to mix in. You don't need much! I did try and speed up the drying process by using the lower setting on the heat tool but it did still start to 'bend and bow' the acetate. It would take about 30 mins or so to dry and you have to be careful not to scratch it as it will scratch off the acetate. Below is the simple front of the card - it's important to balance the fancy inside with the front. This stamp is an a la carte stamp that you can layer it up and carry the texture from the stamp to the backing using the embossing folder. 

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely EXCELLENT Julia...Thanks for the knowledge and inspiration. Can I teach this to my stamp club girls....I will shout your praises Thank you Very Much XX Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of cause Suzanne!!! just do the acetate part first to allow drying time :)have fun!!

      Delete
  2. WOW - love this. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh! This is so pretty! Could you possibly do a video on this! I have the pop n cuts die but haven't used it yet! I would love to see someone in action using it since I am a visual person! All the instructions in the world wouldn't help me LOL! Thanks for sharing another beauty with us! I truly enjoy visiting( more like lurking) your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Missy for your lovely comments - I don't do videos - you so don't want my ugly hands and voice on your computer screen! hehe but there are lots of videos on You Tube using the pop n cuts dies. Happy crafting!

      Delete