Tuesday, November 30, 2010

a third of my door and wreath cards


this one is a more modern door. The main reason for doing these cards are to show some of the ways you can make wreaths! This one is made from two scallop circles punches and on circle punch. "TWO SCALLOP CIRCLES?" I hear you say - YES - Stampin' Up! are introducing a larger one in the new Summer Mini which comes out tomorrow!
The best way to make a ring using punches is to punch the inside circle first then using the punch upside down you can punch the larger one nice and evenly as you can see the hole from the first punch. This method is great for any type of ring or frame you may need. I often do it with ovals when I want a hand bag handle, you could use any shape where you have two punches the same shape but different sizes. You can do so much with this method.
I used Wild Wasabi for my wreath and the awesome pearls that we have in the Idea Book & Catalogue, they just add a little something to ANY project. The door is Soft Suede and Very Vanilla, the bow is Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon and the stamp is from the Delightful Decorations stamp set which I coloured using markers - Wild Wasabi and Poppy Parade. The door handle is one of the brads in the pack that has four colours - black, white, vanilla and silver, and they come in two sizes - this is the smaller size.
Last door is tomorrow - just in time for my classes. Tomorrows afternoon class is 1.30-3.30pm - an hour later than normal as I have to collect my son from his last exam. I can't wait for these exams to be over - can imagine he is even more excited about the prospect! lol Now what is a 15yo going to do for the next 2 months before the start the new year at school?? I have a feeling I will be employing him to wash windows etc hehe

3 comments:

  1. LOVE all your wreath cards Julia. Some lovely I deas, I plan to CASE next Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome wreath cards, Julia! I love them. Thanks for all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so cute! I made one of my own wreath cards this week too! TFS

    ReplyDelete