Friday, April 8, 2011

chocolate tilled acetate treat boxes

Tomorrow I am spending the day in Hamilton at a Stampin' Up! Regional Training Seminar. Last month I went to the Seminar in Auckland but I have some team members in Hamilton and Tauranga so have decided to go with them to it. Actually I am now doing a presentation there now too! lol
So for the ladies on my team (and my car mates for the trip down) I have made these long pillow boxes. They are made out of acetate and most of them are embossed with our Big Shot Embossing folders - I used EVERY embossing folder that we have and they all gave different results. You can stamp on acetate too with Stazon ink - Stampin' Up! sell black and white. With the white you can make coloured Stazon but that will be another post another time! lol
Back to the boxes - I filled these with pineapple lumps - so yummy!! I believe chocolate pineapple lumps are a very New Zealand lollie (candy) so if you aren't in New Zealand and have never tried them you don't know what you are missing!!!!!!! I tied some of the wide stripped ribbon around them with a bit of twine and added the stamped image. To get the stamped image I used a marker pen to ink up just the outline of the stamp from 'Eat Chocolate' as I didn't want the words that were inside the actual stamp. Once I stamped the out line then I inked up the 'so much CHOCOLATE so little time' stamp and placed it within the frame (using my Stampin'-ma-gig) and then punched it out with the new label punch. These items are all new in the Autumn/Winter mini catalogue so if you would like to have some these beautiful products email me julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz to find out how. If you host a workshop you might be able to get some for FREE!!

6 comments:

  1. Yum! They look terrific Julia! I am sure your team and car mates will love them. Luckily you can get pineapple lumps in quite a few places in Australia too, so that is one Kiwi fix I can keep up with, LOL! Enjoy your regionals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need something to demo at a workshop I am doing tomorrow - this might just fit that bill. A fabulous WOW Julia!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and your creativity...the girls will love them and maybe even share the choccies with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh yummm, I love those pineapple lumps lol, they look delicious Julia (the boxes that is lol). So cute and I love the embossing on the acetate, definitely gives a wow factor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad im your car buddy. although please dont give me mine until we get there or there will be none left by the time we reach Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great wow factor. Stunning might have to give this one ago. Thanks for sharing Julia.

    ReplyDelete