Tuesday, April 19, 2011

embellishmentless card

every now and then it's fun to set yourself some challenges when crafting. A few weeks ago on www.just-add-ink.blogspot.com they had a challenge to produce a project that only is made from paper or card - NO EMBELLISHMENTS AT ALL. So since I didn't get a chance to enter that particular challenge I decided I would make a card using that idea.


SO here is my card - I used the lovely DSP called 'Love Letter' which is only Riding Hood Red, Basic Black and Very Vanilla. I just cut strips of the DSP and layered them on some Basic Black which I embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Big Shot embossing folder. The mannequin is from the lovely new set - Sew Sweet and the sentiment is from Perfect Punches. I only wanted the words not the oval frame so I used my Stampin' Up! marker pens and just inked up the words.
This will be sent to one of my customers 21st birthday next week - Happy Birthday Stef!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great Julia! I love that little mannequin - it all ties in together so nicely :)

    ReplyDelete