Sunday, October 2, 2011

a bouquet of tools




I first saw these bouquets over on Tania Cordie's blog and have made them before (click here for my last version over a year ago). But Stampin' Up! have released a new background stamp called Tool Shed and so I HAD to make another one! I started with a piece of DSP from the Well Worn pack (my current favourite) and I stamped the whole image on to that. Then I stamped it again on Very Vanilla and coloured them in using a blender pen to get lighter colours. Then I cut them all out which took longer than expected! hehe
The new First Edition Specialty paper is great for the 'wrapping' around the bouquet as it is thinner and easier to shape than normal DSP and GREAT value as you get 24 sheets for the $29.95!!
Do you like the 'nail' that I included on the greeting? I accidentally dropped something on it after the card was finished and it left a mark so rather than re stamping the whole thing I thought an additional embellishment won't go a miss! My mantra for crafting is 'there is no such thing as a mistake but a new way of creating!'
Finally - go the Warriors!! (that's for all the Aussies and Kiwi's) :)
happy stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment