Thursday, March 8, 2012

I love my blankie!




Sorry I can't show you any new paper crafting projects - I've been sick all week and have spent the whole time under my new blankie on my lazyboy chair! I made my blankie from tshirts that I cut up. Most have memories attached to them. I lined the back of them with white polar fleece so it's nice and snuggly. I started out making one for my son and next thing I knew my daughter AND husband started pulling out tshirts as they wanted blankies too! So I have made 4 in total, yesterday my mother visited me and started talking about me making her one and I said I needed a break from them! lol
This one (above) is my husbands - I cut his 40cm x 40cm and as his tshirts were mostly 100% cotton it was very easy to sew.
This one is for my daughter (she will be 15 this year) and I cut hers all 30cm wide and various lengths as her tshirts were smaller. I put a lot of embellishments on hers. Each tshirt has stamping on them!! I just used Stazon ink and ironed to set them. It washes fine no probs!.
This one is my sons one, the first one I made - his ones are 35cm square. They all seem to love them too and I can see them lasting for many years to come!
I am starting to feel a bit better today which is just as well as tomorrow (my birthday heehee) I'm supposed to be going to my Stampin' Up! teams Stamp Camp in Rotorua (aka Rotavagas! hehe). I would HATE to miss it!! I will have lots of lovely new projects to show after this. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the use of T shirts. Might have to het some of my old ones out. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blankie too! What a fantastic recycling idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blankies. What a fabulous idea to use old t shirts. Hope you're well enough to enjoy Rotorua!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Love your blog and those blankies look very snuggly. I hope you are feeling better Pam x

    ReplyDelete