Monday, March 12, 2012

STAMP CAMP!!!!






Since Friday I have been away in Rotorua (aka Rotovagas! lol) for our annual STAMP CAMP! there were 50 of us Stampin' Up! demos from one of the big teams in New Zealand at this fun camp. My car of four crafters left on Friday morning and stopped for a nice lunch on the way. We also stopped in Gordonton for coffee and a shop at the local Grandmothers quilting shop. I was like a kid in a lollie shop! hehe We ended up with dinner at the local 'golden archers' along with half the other attendees of the camp!
The camp started at 7pm on Friday with our first presentation - a one sheet wonder by Rachael with some fun ice breaker type games lead by Shona (the AMAZING lady who arranged the whole camp) and Lisa (all the way from Christchurch!). On Saturday we started at 9am after a short queue at the showers! lol We had a punch art class by Vicky, a mini album from Ria, a rubbed stone and embossing project by Heather, a creative challenge by Lisa and a wonderful presentation by Delys on how to use scraps! The New Zealand National Manager Emma came and shared some great tips on using new product which was very cool! Saturday night was free so a car load of us went for a soak in the local hot pools and an early night.
Sunday started with a packing up and cleaning party of the dorms and then we had our final class by Bev making a fantastic masculine project. We had some training tips from Rachael and Jacque (the boss) finishing with a lunch and the sad part of the camp -saying goodbye to everyone!
I made lots of samples to show you but as I haven't unpacked yet (hee hee) I haven't taken photos of them yet but will soon!
As Friday was my birthday I was SPOILED beyond belief by everyone at the camp.
Here is a pile of the chocolate (candy's) lollies I was given - I do have a big soft spot for Pineapple Lumps - a true New Zealand sweet!! I got showered in lovely hand made cards so I will share those over the next wee while too.
Thanks for visiting my blog - I promise there will be some creative projects to see tomorrow!! hee hee

No comments:

Post a Comment