Saturday, January 26, 2013

have a whale of a time!!


Yesterday I had a brown box delivered yesterday morning while I was have breakfast, I just LOVE the sound a Stampin' Up! brown box being placed on my doorstep!!! lol In it it had some lovely products - some were orders for customers and some were for ME!!! One of the new products was a new die called 'Happy Whale' (a sneak peek from the next mini catalogue) - isn't he cute! I decided I HAD to make a card straight away with it, but thought I wanted water ripples and it dawned on me to use the 'woodgrain' embossing folder that what is introduced in the current Holiday Catalogue. I used the new co-ordinates card in Pool Party and I sanded it slightly the sponged the Island Indigo around the 'eye' in the grain and at the top of the strip of card. Then I used a craft knife and cut a slit big enough to fit my cute whale in. I then added some white gel pen lines to help the look of the ripples. The cute little Calypso Coral fishes are also part of the die along with a wee heart, star and the cutest wee anchor you have ever seen!! The sentiment is also heat embossed in a new upcoming product - Pool Party Embossing Powder.

One of the things we are celebrating with this new catalogue is the 25th anniversary of Stampin' Up! All Stampin' Up! demos are receiving this cool wee pin.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julia. Love the whale & how you've used the woodgrain embossing folder as water. Inky wishes, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how creative you are Julia, woodgrain for waves, so clever!

    ReplyDelete