Saturday, February 20, 2010

CHERISH




Here is my second 6"x6" scrap page that I made for my team training this morning. I used Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip mainly. I have done a lot of layering on this project which all helps to create a frame, bringing your eye to the photo.
The boarder is the Spring Floral from the summer mini catty and it shows really well the mitred corners. The flower is a great project to do for any paper craft project. I got the idea off a challenge site that I belong to called 'Just Add Ink', the link to it is on the right of this blog. I am going to do a project with this flower on my class on Monday 1st March. There will only be an afternoon session this day, and no classes on the 8th March as I will be on holiday in Melbourne!! (can't wait!!)
The 'leaves' are made using the 5 petal punch and then put thru the crimper to give it a different look, and of cause no flower is complete without a bit of bling!!
I decided to bless this project with a photo of my husband and me from our wedding album. I love looking back at the photos as it was over 21 years ago!! My haven't we all changed, esp. both are faces have got 'rounder' (so have our waists but that's a whole different story! lol)
Of cause the word is from Baroque Motifs set, such a MUST HAVE set, from the main Idea Book & Catalogue. If you don't have your own copy contact me to purchase one. I have bounded the spine of all my catalogue so the will stand up to all the late night reading everyone does to them. I have heard of people taking them to bed with them!!
By for now, come back soon!

7 comments:

  1. Both of your LOs are absolutely stunning Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this layout, as I have already told you! I sincerely hope I am lucky enough to get one when the swaps arrive at my door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a real WOW & I voted for it y'day - I thought the picture was Shane Cortese & some girl from a magazine - will tresure my LO especially now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Karen - I voted yours as the wow too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout Julia. Can't wait to see the photo up close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Julia - as usual! And yes - I take my IB & C to bed with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete