Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ann's birthday card

Today is my friend Ann Will's birthday and so I needed to make a super special card for her.
At first I was making her the one from yesterday and then my daughter said "but it doesn't have cats on it or bling!" which is exactly what a card for Ann needs to have! lol
SO I put my thinking had on and this is what I came up with -



The punch art cat is inspired by Angela Purdie who has some lovely punch art animals on her site. I decided to make it onto a book mark so it makes the card useful!


The card is a tri-folded zig-zag which is SUPER easy to do - just fold a piece of card into three then open up and mark the lower side on the front left edge where you want the lowest part to be and then mark on the right side where you want the card to end and then just cut straight between the two! You end up with perfectly even Zig Zags. I used the lovely new embossing folder from the Stampin' Up! Summer Mini - lattice which just lovely for adding texture.
The card base is Early Espresso, the next layer is craft and the sentiment is stamped on Very Vanilla. Just behind that I put a piece of Marina Mist (my new favourite blue!!) which is the same colour I used for the eyes of the cat, and some of the words on the sentiment. I used my markers to colour directly on to the stamp to get the words in different colours - I think it looks very effective.
On the inside I put a bit of Marina Mist taffeta ribbon just to add a touch of colour.


I hope Ann likes it - it covered the 'cats and bling' requirements so should be good! lol
Hope you have an ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS birthday today Ann, get spoilt rotten as you deserve it!





4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, Julia! Ann will love it, I'm sure. So cool that the cat is a bookmark, so she'll get to use it over and over. I must try that style card, it looks so good. And your colours are gorgeous. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, and the Marina Mist adds the perfect touch of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. I love the concertina style, the lattice emboss texture and of course the cat!! Ok to CASE?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Case away Heather!!! just fold an A4 into 3 even parts (score at 9.9cm and 19.8cm) then mark a point on the left hand side about a 1/3 way up and mark on the right hand side about 2-3cms from the top right corner. Rule a line between and then cut it. You will have to use scissors for the last bit as it wont cut thru on a A4 trimmer. Then just fold it up like in the picture and decorate! The cat is pretty straight forward but I did you one of the hearts in the three heart punch for the ears. I used the same heart for the inside ears as the outside ears. The tail is using the twig from the bird punch with all but the last leaf cut off.

    ReplyDelete