Thursday, February 10, 2011

something for Valentines



My hubby loves nuts put I DON"T!! (sometimes wrapped in chocolate but I love most things wrapped in chocolate!! hehe) so I thought would make him something for Valentines Day that he would love -esp. as I wouldn't steal it! LOL
So I have recently got these cute cone shaped cellophane bags so I have filled one with Honey Roasted Salted Peanuts (eeewww) and decorated it up a bit. I didn't have a stamp that said what I wanted so I just made my own!


I wrote the words 'I am nuts about you' over and over with a Chocolate Chip marker pen (thin tip) on Very Vanilla card and then punched it out with the Stampin' Up! heart punch. I then used a heart from the Sweetheart stamp set and stamped it in Real Red again on the Very Vanilla and cut it out. After a bit of sponging I layered it on some Real Red and attached it to the bag of nuts with a bit of Real Red ribbon. To finish it off I added the bow out of Real Red 1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon which I think makes the whole project work together.

I better go and hide it before next Monday - otherwise it won't be a surprise!! I have made some more things using these cone bags so be sure to keep visiting!

4 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Julia, a brilliant idea and more personal too, great job, I am sure hubby will looooove it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea esp about giving something to hubby that you don't eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe that is so sweet. It's a lovely idea and you can feel proud that you have come up with something he likes. I'll just give hubby chocolates that he can share, lol. Love that you designed your own tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now these wouldn't be safe around me!!! What a great gift for your hubby Julia!

    ReplyDelete