Monday, February 27, 2012

FABULOUS FABRIC COASTERS!!!

Aren't these the loveliest coasters you've ever seen? They are made from Stampin' Up! Timeless Portrait fabric and are REALLY easy to make. If you have a sewing machine but not that confident you will LOVE making these.
All you do is cut 5 even squares out of fabric - it's best to have a contrasting fabric for the four top ones, the fifth one is for the base. SO iron in half the four top pieces with right sides showing. I know the iron isn't a favourite crafting tool, actually I only use my iron for crafting NEVER for ironing clothes! lol then just layer the halves on top of each other (with the folded edge to the inside) like you would if you were closing a box (so the last one needs half of it to be tucked under the first one). And then all you do is sew the edges, I used a 3/8" seam allowance, snip the corners to make the corners sharper and turn inside out thru the center. HAVE A GO - you won't be disappointed!! My friend Narelle Hoggard showed me these, her aunt gave some to her so I just HAD to have a go myself!!
Happy crafting!! xx

1 comment:

  1. I like the coasters they remind me of a quilt block

    ReplyDelete