Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas Advent Calender




I just finished making this advent calender all out Stampin' Up! products. I started by stamping all the numbers - I only used the three colour inks - Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and Gumball Green. I varied the colours and shapes I cut them out as I went. Then I cut out the 25 'peek-a-boo' frames with the Peekaboo Frames Bigz L die. It cuts 5 different shapes. Then I went and decorated them all - I didn't use any stamps - just dies and punches. I also didn't want to use the same DSP twice. I actually used two different DSPs - Be of Good Cheer and Candlelight Christmas Specialty. While the later has Real Red and Lucky Limeade you can't tell the difference on the project. :)


I used a cork board with a side white board that I got at a sale for $5. I had to fill the side panel but didn't want it to distract from the calender itself. So I decided to just add a sentiment and the only way I could fit the "MERRY CHRISTMAS" in was to make them like a Christmas tree! I had to take extra care to spell it right LOL!!!! 
















thanks for visiting my blog today :)

Photobucket

2 comments: