Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Rose for You


who doesn't love getting roses????

I am sure you are like me and LOVE getting roses! This set called 'A Rose is a Rose' is one of the sets that Stampin' Up! has on special at the moment. Isn't it beautiful - it's so easy to get the depth of colour as shown here.

On Whisper White I stamped the base colour - Regal Rose - then the out line stamp I stamped in Versamark then in Rose Red. Using my Stampin'-ma-gig I stamped it over the base. Then I quickly covered it with clear embossing powder and heated it with the Heat Tool. While it was still hot I dipped it in the clear embossing powder again and reheated it. This just gives it a greater gloss. I did this for the leaf too. I used Old Olive and Kiwi Kiss for the leaf. The background DSP is one from Bella's Rose and the card is based on Kiwi Kiss. The sentiment is from the Hostess Set Sweet Little Sentiments. I stamped it and then cut each word out separately. I did some sponging around the DSP and I put it thru the Lot of Dots Big Shot embossing folder.

If you would like to order this or any other of the sets listed in the previous post, contact me ASAP julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz

2 comments:

  1. This card is just gorgeous Julia, I love everything about it TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is stunning Julia!! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete