Tuesday, December 22, 2009

box of truffles




Every year I do some baking for my doctor and chemist for putting up with me all year. This year I made these little Christmas pudding truffles. So to go with them I made these easy as acetate topped boxes with matching cards. The tops are thick acetate which work really well and they are held together with brads rather than glue or tape - ie making a feature of the join rather than hide it. I stamped the acetate with White Stazon using the Snow Swirled stamp set. The cards are also made using that set. White Stazon was in the last mini catalogue but Stampin' Up! have announced that these will remain an orderable item which is awesome!. The truffles are just a no cook biscuit and condensed milk recipe, the white is white chocolate and topped with a Jaffa (OJay) and mint leaves (I cut them in half so they aren't so thick). You can also do the same with Mellowpuff biscuits if you can't be bothered making the truffles!

2 comments:

  1. TFS, Julia, they looked even better IRL at your place yesterday.
    anyone would be very happy to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julia this is gorgeous. I bet they really appreciate the thought and the gift too. :-)

    ReplyDelete