Wednesday, November 3, 2010

box card




isn't this a cool kind of fold!!
It's called a box card for obvious reasons LOL and it makes a nice change from the standard card. It definitely is a card that you have to concentrate when making it and a bone folder is a MUST for all the crisp folds you need, but it is actually fairly easy.
I made this card for a challenge over on Crafters Anonymous which was:
to have a Christmas theme BUT with non traditional colours and the catch is there has to be movement of some sort in the item....a part of the entry has to move!
So I choose Concord Crush and Pretty in Pink with Very Vanilla, not often you would have a purple Christmas card! lol I used the Lap of Luxury DSP which is a very pretty pack of double sided papers. The stamp sets are Word Play for the front image and Christmas Greetings for the inside greeting. I popped the bauble on the front image up after I added some Pretty in Pink and Dazzling Diamonds.
I am really pleased with how this one turned out, Stampin' Up! products always make life so much easy as you know they quality products and with the products able to match in colours etc it takes A LOT of guess work out of your projects - which means you have MORE time to create!
I wonder if I should teach this as a class?? what do you think??
Don't forget to email me if you would like to join Crafters Anonymous - a ALL crafts site. julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz

5 comments:

  1. I think this card would make a great class! Lovely to see that non-traditional colours can work for Christmas themes. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cool fold! I'd love to come to a class but there's a massive stretch of water inbetween!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. Quite different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fancy card, Jules. But nothing ordinary comes out of your craft room, does it? :-)

    ReplyDelete