Tuesday, November 9, 2010

creating your own unique background


There are lots and lots of ways you can do it but today I will show you this one.
First start with Stampin' Up!s glossy white card stock then in a very small container put a few drops of rubbing alcohol and a drop or two of reinker and mix them. Using a piece of cloth rub the colour over the glossy card. I started with the lightest colour, and worked my way around. Some parts the colour combined and other parts I left solid colour. This method dries VERY quickly.
Now using Jet Black Stazon stamp an image all over it. I used an image from the 5th Avenue stamp set.
Then using your favourite embossing folder, emboss the card using the Big Shot - I used the Manhattan flower folder. Doesn't that look great!
To create the flower embellishment I punched the flower shape and then using my bone folder and a old mouse pad I rubbed all over the punched image. You rub over both sides until the card starts to 'split' - ie two layers appear on the edge, and then you gently pull them apart. This method is called suede-ing cause it looks like the card is suede! You do need to be careful when rubbing the punched card that you don't tear it.

Mounting the card with black and white tends to make your colour image go 'pow'! heehee.

If you would like to have a go at this technique contact me and we can arrange a class or workshop either at your place or mine. Makes a great time to get a few friends together and craft together.
julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz

1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous Julia. We're hoping we get the bigshot over here in the UK very soon. Zx

    ReplyDelete