Saturday, May 1, 2010

medallion magic




here are two cards I have made using the fab new stamp called Medallion, it's a background stamp so its pretty big but very very yummy! the first one I stamped the card stock with the script stamp from Rustic Rooster and then I stamp the Medallion stamp on with Versamark and then clear embossed it, that way you can see the scrip through the stamp. I then sponged which only goes on the card where it's not embossed. This is called 'resist embossing'. I have never used Blush Blossom before and as it's one of the colours that is being retired in September I thought I needed to use it while I can. I matched it with Baja Breeze and really pleased with the results.
With the second card I inked up the entire stamp with Baja Breeze and then sponged directly onto the stamp with Pacific Point just on the ends of the stamp. My photo isn't the best to show it, it was getting dark by the time I took the picture! hehe. I have just added some of the lovely felt flowers and a button (all Stampin' Up!) and it's done.
This stamp is only $39.95 which is great value for the size and versatility of it. I am putting an order in on Sunday at 6pm New Zealand time so if you would like me to add your order to it let me know asap. julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment