Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My convention Swaps




I am flying out to Sydney today for the annual Stampin' Up! convention. Part of the fun when Stampin' Up! demos get together is we do 'swaps' How it works is you make so many of so many of one thing and you 'swap' them with other demo's items. So I am taking 100 of these little wee handbags and will come home with 100 different samples which will be great to be able to show all my customers different ideas. Everyone have different styles and of cause different products so it gives a great variety.

Lucky for me these handbags lie flat so makes travelling with them very easy. I am taking them on as hand luggage as I would be so upset if they got lost with my bags! I just hope the little brads in them wont cause me delays at airport security!! They are made from a 6"x6" piece of DSP instead of the 12"x12" DSP I usually use.

So I wont be posting anything till I get back next Wednesday as I don't know what Internet access I can get and I am not clever enough to preload posts before I go. But keep popping in just in case!

7 comments:

  1. Have a great time, I wish I was going it would be so nice to meet you all. I love your swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, these are GORGEOUS! Save one for me! See you Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Julia - will you share how to make them with me? lilstamper@yahoo.com......my Convention is in July and these are fabulous!! Have fun! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Julia, wish I had seen you to swap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loving those little bags, wasn't able to make it to Oz this year, missed all the fun! Any chance of a peek at 'how to' on the wee bags. Thanks Manda
    gandahill@ihug.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,

    Thank you for your lovely email. Thankyou also for swapping with me. Everyone one your little bag. I can't wait to make some more. I am following your blog now so I can keep up with all the clever stuff you do.
    Thanks
    Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little purses and was lucky enogh to get one at convention. I cant wait to have a go at making one. Do you have instructions anywhere? thanks again for a great swap.

    ReplyDelete