Friday, May 7, 2010

more top note cards




here are two more cards made using the top note die and my fabulous Big Shot machine.

I used the wonderful Medallion stamp on the first one. This is such a useful stamp. The black flower is from another hot set at the moment - Vintage Vogue. The top note die puts those cute stitch marks on the card which I have just drawn faux thread with my trusty black journerling pen. I then just hand cut the black card underneath, which you probably guessed as its a wee bit wonky! hehe And don' t you just love all the Baja Breeze, I am so glad that this colour is now going to be a core colour so we can enjoy it for years to come.

On the second card I have used the new level two stamp set. I stamped the image with Versamark then used white embossing powder. You need to remember to rub the card stock that you are wanting to heat emboss with the little anti static pillow - Embossing Buddy. This takes the static out of the card and helps the embossing powder stick only to the Versamark, not spotted all over the card. This gives a much clearer embossed image. I made a small frame and then sponged on the inside to create the background image on the Top Note die. I love the effect that this gives. I have used some of the Urban Garden DSP and one of the lovely Stampin' Up! buttons, sorry I can't recall which pack it came out from as I mixed all mine up! whoops! hehe. Just a bit of Linen Thread to finish it all off.

I am getting excited as in two weeks time I will be in Sydney to attend the Stampin' Up! Convention 2010. This will be my first convention, so spending two days with fellow demonstrators is going to be mind blowing I think! I hope to come home with so many cool ideas and ways to help make your paper crafting experience even better! I have the last weekend in May free for a workshop so why don't you contact me to book the first workshop after the convention and benefit all the information and enthusiasm the convention will bring. And don't forget I still have the offer of a free stamp set for all orders in May over $100.

SO there's lots of reasons to get your friends together. Contact me on julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz

thanks for visiting.

ps. there is no prize for spotting my spelling mistakes! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Julia..you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my pick for the Beautiful Blog Award too! :)

    ReplyDelete