Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Just Add Sympathy - JAI #35


this week over on Just Add Ink (click on the blinkie on the right) the theme the current challenge is 'Just Add - Sympathy' so here is my entry. Unfortunately we need to send more of these than we would like so I usually have a few lying around but I wanted to make one using things that I have never used before. So it started by using some Bravo Burgundy card stock and ink. I think it was the first time my Bravo Burgundy stamp pad had ever been opened! I teamed it up some Almost Artichoke which is another colour I barely use which for both of these I don't know why! I think they go beautiful together especially with the Very Vanilla I have used.
The flowers that I have used are the new paper flowers the Stampin' Up! have in the new Idea Book & Catalogue. I sponged them with both the Bravo Burgundy and Almost Artichoke and added a wee pearl (another great new product). The bow is Very Vanilla taffeta and the heart is from the new Level 1 Hostess set called Punch Potpourri.
Did you notice the scallop trim along the bottom of the layered card? That is the new Scallop Trim boarder punch and I wheeled the new Music Notes wheel in Bravo Burgundy too.
The sentiment is from the absolutely must have set called Teeny Tiny Sentiments.
Thanks for visiting my blog and be sure to visit the Just Add Ink blog for lots of other amazing projects.

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Julia. This card sets exactly the right tone. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous - eek I'm going to stop blog hopping today as my shopping list is growing - love what you've done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and love the colour combination. Like you, not one I'd normally use but will be now! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules beautiful card. It has this peacefullness about it. Unfortunately I have to do one tonight for a funeral tomorrow.... Mandz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I agree, the colours look gorgeous together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all of the above comments, it is just fantastic absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete