Monday, September 20, 2010

One of my new catalogue demonstration cards



this card was one I demonstrated yesterday at my new Stampin' Up! Ideas Book & Catalogue. It uses the vintage style stamp set Artistic Etchings. I stamped the circle stamp on our Brushed Gold card and the base of the card is also the Gold. The crown (turned upside down to create the bauble holder) was stamped on to the Brushed Silver. I used the Music Notes standard wheel stamped in Crumb Cake on to Very Vanilla. The DSP (design series paper) is Elegant Soiree - so yummy! I used one of the lovely new Antique Brads and the Modern Label punch - it's such a great elegant shape! A bit of paper tearing and distressing and its done!
This second picture is a close up of the yummy cup cakes that were part of the afternoon tea that we provided for those at the launch. As you can see I made cup cake holders by cutting card out, embossing it thru the Stampin' Up! Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and using the brand new Scallop Trim boarder punch. Again my talented 13yo daughter Kelly made and iced the cupcakes for me - didn't she do a great job!
If you missed out on my launch why not book a workshop at your place (or mine if it's easier for you) when I can demonstrate this card and might even be able to twist Kelly's arm to make some cup cakes that I can bring. Well actually we wont be twisting her arm as she fell off her Rollerblades last night and has her right arm in a cast (yes again!!) with a suspected fractured wrist! So like last school holidays when she had the same wrist in plaster after tearing a ligament in her thumb, she is spending the next two weeks in a cast. But I am sure we can still create something to bring! hehe
email me today julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz to book a date!

3 comments:

  1. Wow I love your card. It's so clever how you've put it together. When my new set arrives I'll just have to give this a try. TFS. Zoƫ

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the way you dressed up those yummy looking cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julia, I have posted my version of this idea on my blog, thank you so much for sharing yours! The stamp club girls loved it!
    http://astampersworld.blogspot.com/2010/10/adeles-julias-etchings.html

    Hugs
    Leonie

    ReplyDelete