Thursday, September 30, 2010

postcard from Paris


this morning I made this card by sponging. Normally when I sponge I use glossy paper but today I decided to use normal Whisper White which enables you to get darker colours. I masked out where the moon went and worked from the lightest colour to darkest. I used Pacific Point, Not Quiet Navy, Night Navy and Basic Black. The Eiffel Tower is from the awesome set Artistic Etchings and the back ground on the Basic Black card is from Notably Ornate. The 'post card' words are from the set called Winter Post which I don't have but I borrowed off the lovely Kate Tobeck http://katetobeck.blogspot.com/ . Kate and the awesome Bron Heslop http://bronheslop.wordpress.com/ came over this morning for a 'play date' hee hee! As Stampin' Up! demonstrators we LOVE getting together and creating - and it's great when you can share your tools (or toys as we call them) so it's fab to be able to use things that you haven't got. So THANK YOU Kate for the use of your set!

8 comments:

  1. This just took my breath away Julia! Absolutely beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another great morning, Jules. It rocked - and so does your card. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this Julia!!!! what a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, this card is gorgeous, I truly love it, and looks great with the post card sentiment from winter post, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is stunning Julia! And, lol - you're right, we do love having play dates with our toys.

    ReplyDelete