Friday, September 17, 2010

my guitar hero


the first photo is a photo of my sons first gig last year (blonde on the far right) - he's now in a different band (The Third System) and is lead guitarist now so when I saw the new stamp 'Extreme Guitar' I KNEW I had to have it! This is the first card I have made using it - the base is Basic Black, and the ribbon is cream and black. The image is stamped on glossy white card after I had sponged it with Poppy Parade and Peach Parfait (man those names are so similar!) which are two of the new "In Colors" introduced in the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue.
The sentiment is from a fabulous stamp set called Word Play - it is a wonderful set full of lots of different sentiments like this one. I was luckily enough to earn this set for free because I did a presentation at my local Regional Training. Awesome eh!
That's the great thing with Stampin' Up! they always offering to up skill you and organise excellent events - so why not contact me to learn more about being a Stampin' Up! demo. There is still a great special available where you can get over $100 worth of brand new products FREE when you sign up. julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz
By the way - to get the shape on the card you place the card in the Top Note Big Shot Die and after it's cut once you turn it 90o and cut it again. Thanks to Brenda McLeish for telling me about this idea. To see more that you can do with this technique go to Kirsteen Gill's blog www.creatinwithkirsteen.com


2 comments:

  1. I havent had a play with this stamp yet but it was the first on my list. Love your card Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me with all your wonderful ideas Julia. Another impressive card! All the best for your launch on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete