Wednesday, February 2, 2011

bring on the sunshine!


Sometimes you just need to surround yourself with bright warm colours and I think this card does just that! It uses one of the new colours - Daffodil Delight! It's a lovely shade of yellow (did you know there were some! lol) and here I have teamed it up with another newby - Marina Mist, with a touch of Night of Navy and the ribbon is Daffodil taffeta. To start with I did a bit of sponging, creating the sunset over the water scene - then stamped the lovely big Medallion stamp in Daffodil Delight. I mounted the frame (after I used the Stampin' Up! corner rounder punch) on top of all that. I stamped two stamps from the lovely Just Believe stamp set in Versamark and embossed it with silver. The greeting is from my favourite Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp sets. For a bit of texture I crimped the Daffodil layer.



It's really nice to have the inside of a card decorated to match the front. You don't want to smother it with decorations where you can't write on it but a subtle (when do I do subtle! hehe) repeat of pattern and here I stamped the same stamps as the front top layer with Daffodil Delight ink to give it a water mark look, and I rounded the corners again.

Don't forget - my first class of the year is tonight at 7.30pm - email me for more details julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz


3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card Julia. I have just been thinking about different ideas for the Medallion Stamp, so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do love this card Julia. You have a real talent for combining stamp sets and colours giving a really unique feel to your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Julia. Has a nice bright summery feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete