Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Friends birthday card



This card is for a good friend of mine who's birthday is this week. I used my Stampin' Up! Color Coach to come up with a colour scheme - this is Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette and Soft Suede. The coach is a great tool - not only has it a sample of every colour on the back it has two different colour combinations, so if you want to try something a bit different you just look on the back and presto - there are combos you probably wouldn't of thought of yourself.
The stamps I have used on this is Well Scripted for the sentiment, the Sale-a-bration set Bliss for the background (free with orders over $120!!!) and Notable Ornate for the bird. I made the pink strip above the satin ribbon by punching out the eight petal flower in the tiny punch trio set that's in the current Summer Mini Catalogue all in a row, make for an interesting boarder. I am sure there are other ones that you can make using different punches - would love to see what you can create using punches!!! I also used my piercing too and mat pack to create the pierced boarder on the textured Celery card.
You will see I carried thru the decoration to the inside of the card - just with the same layers, with slightly less sponging and only one background stamp. I think it adds a nice touch!

Thank you to everyone who has contacted us over the last day regarding the earthquake. We are about 2 hours by plane away from central Christchurch and didn't feel the earthquake at all. We do have friends in the area and are pleased and relieved to know that they are all safe. They themselves have extended family and friends that have been effected, including the loss of life, and so all our prayers and thoughts are with them now after New Zealand's darkest day.

4 comments:

  1. Julia thanks for your lovely comment (on my blog) concerning my family in Chch - all alive and well, though have each lost their homes.

    Love this card, great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Julia! I'm sure your friend will love it :)

    ReplyDelete