Sunday, September 16, 2012

Homemade Book with Bamboo Sticks????

I was privileged to be asked to present at both New Zealand Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Events. The first was on the 1st of September in Christchurch and the second was yesterday in Auckland. The main thing I showed was how to make this book - I have about 6 samples to show so I will show them all this week, following with a tutorial on how to do.
We had two amazing days - part of the amazement was seeing all the new products and PLAYING with them all - the second part was sharing and being with with fellow crafts - both other demos but also their guests.
The first book is made using Summer Starfruit (although at the first event I called it Summer Starfish - WHOOPS! lol) and Midnight Muse. I personal LOVE Summer Starfruit, but it's not everyones cup of tea - but it looks AWESOME with Midnight Muse. I used Papaya Collage for the stamp on this cover.
Here you can see how I turn one sheet of cardstock to make two pages. I made a spine on the book and scored them to create the ribbed part you see on lots of old books.
Believe it or not there are 6 bamboo stick in this book - so come back over the next week to see the other samples made with this technique and the tutorial for it.
Thanks for visiting!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment