Monday, September 24, 2012

KELLY scrapbook page

Believe it or not I was a scrapbook WAY before I started making cards lol! But I seem to only do a few pages a year now - so so so sad as I do LOVE scrapping. This page is of my daughter when she was only 18mths old. The photo was taken by my photographer brother at his place when we were staying down their in Gisborne. I used the Comfort Cafe DSP and lots of new toys to create this. I started with a sheet of the new Core-ordinates textured card (in Early Espresso) and sanded the edges to reveal the inside colour of the core.
 Lots of die cutting to make the layers and ending with some hand sewing with the plain white bakers twine. I used the new piercing mats to get the eveness (yip just made that word up!) of the stitching.
 I even stamped on the new cotton ribbon and I coloured some plain white bakers twine with the Summer Starfruit marker pen to get the colour I wanted for the feature on the button.
 These flowers are made using the new 1/14" scallop circle - such a neat little punch!
Ok it's Monday morning here in New Zealand so I have a pile of domesticated duties to do :( but the sooner I get them done the sooner I can go to work in my craft room!!!
Have a great week!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous photo that you have presented as a lovely page. Wow, all the hand stitching. At least you had the piercing mats to get that "eveness".

    ReplyDelete