Saturday, October 30, 2010

third Holiday Line Up card


here is the third and last card that I sent Flo
go check out her blog to see what she sent me - you wont be disappointed.

There are only three stamps in this set so I had to use each of them. The last one is the line up of elves which I just couldn't think what to do with them. Then I remembered my son's Where's Wally books and thought - ah ha! and that is sorta what I did. Although there isn't a 'Wally' to look for. To create the effect I had to stamp the image on to post it notes - I needed two of them. Once cut out this enables you to mask the areas where you have already stamped, thus creating the 'crowd' of elves.
To highlight them even more I used my white gel pen to bring out their eyes, finishing them with a dot for their pupils. I had to include the 'from all of us' sign from the Family Phrases set.
I think it turned out quite effective as I only used Crumb Cake ink & card stock and mounted it on a bit of Whisper White. Normally I like lots of layers but I think simplicity worked well for this card.

If you didn't get a chance to go on the Stampin' Up! Punches Blog Hop yesterday go and have a look now. Just click on the links in the previous post and you will be treated to some AWESOME work and come away with lots of ideas.

I am putting an order in on Monday 1st November so if there are any punchers (or any other Stampin' Up! products) that you MUST have (or lets just say NEED LOL) email me this weekend julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz.

thanks for visiting.

1 comment: