Sunday, September 4, 2011

layered vintage card


This is one of my favourite cards made from the Timeless Portrait DSP. The back two sides of DSP I was worried how I was going to use them as they are very heavily printed - one with cameo heads and the other is hand writing of a Shakespeare story! But I think I managed to work them ok by layering them up with Basic Black panels and a plainer DSP on the last layer before the greeting to help calm the eyes. The scalloped ribbon helps to tie it all together. Rather than tie a bow I made life easy on myself by just creating two loops and tie them together with the legs of a brad! And I STILL love the antique brads the Stampin' Up! sell! Just GORGEOUS!!!!


As the front of this card is fairly heavy (with eight layers!) I needed to add weight to the inside of it - not just to tie it together with the front but also to balance it so the card could stand up hee hee!

1 comment: