Thursday, November 24, 2011

Holle's turning ONE!!


my friend's Claire and Alan's baby girl is turning one soon and I wanted to make a bright and fun card for her. I freely admit I struggle with kids cards - I can do baby but I'm hopeless at kids cards! Luckily with the Stampin' Up! Design Series Papers makes the job a LOT easier! I have used 3 different sheets from the "Big Top Birthday " set - I freehand drew the "1" and then just did layers for it. The balloon stamp is a Stampin' Up! stamp but currently not available in New Zealand/Australia. The main colour's used are - Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Real Read - there is also Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie snuck in there too hee hee


I love layering and giving cards that extra bit of texture - this pic shows the details.

It's always nice to decorate the inside of the card to match the front - and here I have continued the theme.
I am sure we will have a good 1st birthday at the park in a week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment