Wednesday, November 16, 2011

meet the man who will adorn my craft room wall!!!!!


Isn't he LOVELY! lol I started with an old shop mannequin (yes he is life sized!!!) and then covered it completely with torn strips of paper from the Specialty Designer Series Paper called First Edition Specialty. Then I cut out all the letters from Basic Black using the two Big Shot alpha's in the current Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue - Timeless Type Junior for 'Shakespeare' and the other out of Simple Letters alpha.
The flourishes were hand cut from the Neutrals Collection Paper Stacks. It's a bit hard to see in the photo but the body has been sponged and coloured to look old. I still have some coats of varnish or similar to seal it all properly but I LOVE how it turned out and just HAD to share it! hehe! Below is a close up of the papers.
By the way I bought 10 of these 'chests' so I have sold on some of them so I have a few more to decorate over time! lol




2 comments: