Friday, April 16, 2010

Suitcase Box






Oh did I have fun with this project! I saw a magazine picture of a box that had the box with corner bits on it and thought I could make a suit case with it too! I just made a standard lidded box and attached it at the back with the two ovals. I used Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip card stock. I did sponge the Suede before I made up the box.
The 'travel stickers' on the top are all Stampin' Up! stamps but I have just picked bits out of say two stamps (mostly Art by Design) and put them together. Having a Stamp-in-ma-jig makes it possible, along with Stampin' Up! markers to ink up just the part of the stamp you want. The 'name tag' is also part of the Art by Design set but I have just punched out the single word with the new Tiny Tag punch- isn't it the cutes punch!

Sorry that the photo of the back of the case isn't my usual 'stone' background - it just started raining after I took the first pic! So you get a view of one of the lanterns at my front door! hehe
This will be the hostess gift for the next hostess who books a workshop after seeing this blog. Inside is some lovely bathing products that will be like you are on your own vacation! Contact me today julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz

8 comments:

  1. OMG Julia!!!!! That is just the cutest suitcase I have seen yet! You are so very clever. I hope you did a tutorial on this wee project to print and keep! And if you haven't - I think you had better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, that's delicious! Love it. You just need Paddington Bear now! If you do a tutorial, don't keep it - give it to me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute!! How clever are you! And, yes a tutorial to share would be awesome and greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous! Good on you for thinking "outside the box" on this one ...

    Thanks for sharing (and yes, we would all love to see a tutorial on this fab project ...)

    Sharlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the suitcase Julia, you are so clever, well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this Julia? It is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great!! Could I have this project??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry Nicola I didn't do a tutorial for this project but you are welcome to CASE it :)

      Delete